Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Kitchen Helpers and a Prayer for the Lonely

I love these things....
I mean, really, really love them.






But today was both a good day and a not-so-great day. Kinda weird. I'm trying to make Christmas special, but I keep getting bogged down with unrealistic expectations and dashed hopes. It's my own fault I think- there are SO many things that are special and wonderful right in front of me but I've worked myself up in such a frenzy that it's become difficult to remember, or enjoy.

My heart feels heavy for people who are all alone during this time of celebrating and family togetherness. I know I'm not alone even when I'm feeling my most lonely, and it makes me sad to think of those who truly, truly are all alone. There seems like so little I could do to help anyone, but I can offer a smile, a kind word, a small gift or goody bag, maybe even dinner at our home...it is my heart's desire to show Christ's love and concern for those around me, but so many times my intentions stay just that- intentions. I want to DO something! Hopefully I'll have something to share about this later!

2 comments:

Sennie said...

Amen.. Such a special holiday, yet sad for many people.
Merry Christmas, friend!! I'd love to hear how things are<3

Wendy said...

Just wanted to say thanks for commenting in my blog! Your family is just lovely. I found you through the VanderZwaags family blog. Hope you have a very blessed Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...