Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Ideas & Fun Fall Weekends

Soccer schedules (and baseball in the spring) always do this to me...
mercilessly point out the necessity of having -and following- a meal plan.
This is what mine looks like these days:

Monday = Make-ahead casserole

Tuesday = Italian night

Wednesday = CrockPot night

Thursday = Favorite chicken dish

Friday = Hamburg-inspired night

For whatever reason, I am much more likely to stick with this plan when I keep things categorized and not terribly specific. 
Go figure!
I always have plenty of veggies to use as sides, so I don't bother to write those in.
I'll occasionally swap in something like salmon or BLTs & Chowder so it doesn't get monotonous.
And on the weekends, we do pretty much whatever we want. That also helps break up the routine.
I love reading how busy Moms maintain some level of sanity in the kitchen, so I thought I'd share my own strategy. I'll post some favorite recipes throughout the fall, too.

Speaking of fall, we had the perfect weather this whole weekend! I wore a long sleeved shirt for the first time in months, ha!
Jonah spent the whole weekend in Maine with my family- boy was it good to see him again last night!!!!!
Isabelle had a birthday party to go on Saturday, so Bill and E & C took Ryder mountain climbing. Then yesterday afternoon we visited Meadow Ledge Farm, along with every other person in New England it seems! It was so, so crowded, but it's also a lot of fun!


 pictures when someone's missing just feel like...someone's missing  :(
don't worry- he was having a BLAST!



 they always have music- we love it!

the tractor jerked just as I snapped this picture, ha!
We were on our way to the upper fields to pick some apples- they are SO GOOD this year!


 Ethan and I braved the line for freshly-made apple cider donuts
these things were lovely to look at- the lines were so long we started outside near the parking lot!
 We finally made it to the inside!
And this, on the other hand, definitely not as lovely as the pumpkins!
Just that teensy plate of glass separating me from, well, them...no thank you!
 Totally worth the wait!
You get to watch them being made right before your eyes- awesome!
Caleb-approved!  =)

Now we're all geared up for a super busy week! Good thing it's casserole night, tee hee hee!

6 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Lovely blog! I'm from New England too! We also had a wonderful Fall weekend (yesterday was beautiful) apple picking, enjoying family and CIDER DONUTS. It wouldn't be Fall without them! I'm your newest follower from Monday Mingle. Come visit! Jessica
www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

PS - what a sweet etsy shop!

Nicole said...

Oh I can't wait to finally be able to take my little lady to the pumpkin patch this year! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Your family is beautiful!

So glad to find your blog! Following you back now :) Hope you'll stop by Friday for my hop-- we'd love to have you! :D

♥Nicole @ http://meandthem00n.blogspot.com

Naptime Review said...

What a cute blog! Stopping by from GFC hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;) I am hosting Like Me on Facebook. Love for you to link up your twitter and facebook page if you'd like.
julie @ Naptime Review
www.thenaptimereview.com

menopausal mama said...

Oh these pictures are great! You are so lucky to live up North and see the different seasons!! I live in South Florida where it is still very hot and there is little to no season change. New follower from the GFC blog hop. Would love it if you could visit my humorous site and follow back. I'd be very grateful if you could. Thanks for sharing! http://Menopausalmother.blogspot.com

bonbon said...

This looks like the perfect fall activity! I can't believe you already have pumpkins- there are definitely still none to speak of in my neck of the woods. I just found your blog and I have enjoyed getting to know you better... I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...