Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thoughts, Life, and Lots of Pictures

The view from the window as I sit here typing looks much the same as it has for several days now...white swirls. New England is certainly making up for last year's tepid winter. The boys returned home last night (we're on February break) after roughing it up in Maine with my Dad- this is the second such trip he has taken with them, and I applaud him. Really! I think he's so brave, and I just love him to death for it. What memories they're making!

So I had an only child for a couple days. She totally fell in love with that!

And I hear my cardinal friend out there chirping loud as ever. He and Mrs. Cardinal have quite the early morning sing-song routine, and I can't even tell you how happy it makes me! What a treat to see those dashes of bright red amid the snowy white that stretches beyond every corner from the window.

I've also been thinking, a lot. About life, family, plans, dreams, and sometimes even past hurts. Some of that is the reason I'd begun a new blog in the first place. It's no secret I've undergone some major personal crises in the past few years, and I've never known quite how to handle it, "publicly" I mean. I'm not the type to write as if everything is perfect while my world crumbles around me. All I really needed was to know how, and if, God wanted me share those trials. He has given me some clarity in the matter, so it has been a learning experience and a lesson in faith, that's for sure.

Something in me shifted as I was rereading some past entries on this blog last week. I realized that I enjoy reading about the mundane, silly moments of my life as well as the birthdays and the vacations, all of the things intertwined with this beautiful family of ours. Those old blog entries did what I'd always hoped they would- they captured those memories for me. In a way, they have stopped time and let me linger in days long gone. And with pictures! That's all I ever wanted, and what I still want.

Anyhoo. All that to say I don't think I need a "fresh start" by starting up another blog. Maybe that sounds silly, maybe not. But this blog is where my heart is, where our memories are- good and, well, the not so good- and I think I would look back and really, truly miss it.

Now I've got a million and a half photos to post!  =)

 The last pic of Jonah with braces on!

 Looking GOOD!
We had to celebrate with ice cream sundaes before rushing back to school!

 Celebrating vacation week with Chinese food picnic & a movie

Lovely Baby Bear models for bonnets  =)

 The view from our kitchen Monday morning
Church was canceled due to the storm which lasted a full 36 hours!

 Fueling up for the guys adventure

 Isabelle adores her Grampy

 She looked so serious about her Word Find at Applebee's
Daddy and I had Princess Day with our sweet girl!

 Splish splash

 This was too cute!
They watched Tangled while I drove
I will add here that Isabelle has taken to whacking everyone (in jest) with her little blue plastic fry pan
For days now. HA!

 Bill got a teensy bit nervous as I snapped this while driving
It's an insanely curvy, downhill road

 The view from the church parking lot down at the bottom of the road

 Daddy was at work yesterday so Isabelle and Mama had Fancy Breakfast

 We made her yummy granola from THIS recipe

 Cheery daffodil

 Cheery girl

I hear trouble happy little guys upstairs so I'd best get started with the chocolate chip pancakes! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...