Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, June 24, 2013

Five Years Ago...

Today is a special day for our family. It was five years ago today that we relocated to Guatemala to be with our Isabelle after having endured countless delays and trials. We spent her first 18.5 months apart, and I vowed she would never leave my side again. And she hasn't.


The above picture was taken during my very first trip to Guatemala the year before, when Isabelle was 8.5 months old and I got to hold her in my arms for the first time. I never wanted to let go, but I had to. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

We had just celebrated Daddy's birthday before heading south -- we received news that we had finally gotten out of PGN, the last phase of the Guatemalan court!  I was about to be a single Mom of 4, in a foreign country, for however long it took!
Look how little they were! Caleb was only 4!


He had just graduated from preschool, and the next week, we left!

Here we are in Antigua, Guatemala!!

Daddy's little angel from the very beginning.

And my all-time favorite photo of my princess and me, one I'm sure I've shared on this blog about a gazillion and a half times.

Adoption was a very difficult journey for us - it isn't for everyone - and I may never know the reasons why God allowed us to be stretched in the ways we were, but I trust that it was for His ultimate good. No matter the struggles and challenges, adoption has changed our lives for the better, and we just can't imagine our family without our sweet little Isabelle in it.

Happy Gotcha Day, sweetheart! Mama te quiere mucho.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...