Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Moments to Remember















These days are relentless! Hard as I try to slow them down, they just won't listen. I find myself still under the delusion that I need balance, but the truth is, life with other people is often chaotic, unplanned, and rather messy...what good would balance do me? I do what I can do when I can do it. That's enough right now.

Speaking of right now, I hear people cheering and yelling through the TV in the other room, and now there's talk of gold and silver medals. I hesitate to admit this {kind of} for fear I come off sounding unpatriotic or something, but watching and/or following the Olympics holds my interest for about as long as I can stand there brushing my teeth until the toothpaste starts foaming and dripping out of my mouth. And then I run to the bathroom to spit, maybe wipe the front of my shirt off, and never really end up going back to watch more. So, right. I'm as die-hard a fan as they come.

February has the distinct pleasure of being that dull, in-between month that I have to drag myself through on the way to March, when at least I can pretend that Spring is coming. This February? Brutal. So brutally cold I can't stand being outside for any length of time. Maybe a little longer than the aforementioned tooth-brushing scenario, but still. I think I'm beginning to lose my marbles here.

Since we're in {a LOT}, the kitchen is a perpetual dumping ground and general mess. That's taking its toll on my sanity for sure, but at least we're well fed, for which I'm grateful. So a messy kitchen is a productive and happy kitchen. I'm pleased to report (to myself mainly) that I've done a really good job of staying active, one of my goals for this new year. I rotate between a few fitness DVD's or Wii Sweat for 25 minutes most mornings by five, and bring Ryder outside for a walk once or twice each afternoon. Now if I could just get out of the kitchen, I might even seen more results.  =)

I nearly squealed at the grocery store this week when I eyed the first bucketful of daffodils for the season. They practically flung themselves into my cart, and now they're sitting cheerfully on the counter top. And on the dining room table. And in the family room. (Maybe two or three or seven bunches jumped in! Just kidding- only two; thankfully a bunch goes a long way.)

Okay, time to go sit with my mister and unwind a bit. Happy Saturday night!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so relieved to hear that there is someone else out there that is not a huge fan of the Olympics. I am not a big sports watching person anyway, and after a while they just bore me! I am so ready for spring, this winter has really gotten me down, I can't wait for the weather to break. Have a great rest of your weekend.

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...