Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hello! And Some Thoughts...

So it's early in the morning, but not the it's-so-early-I-have-loads-of-time kind. More the, I've got five minutes, maybe, before they come searching for me the morning routine starts. At least the oatmeal has a good head start today. Maybe that will buy me another minute or two, ha!

I don't think I have ever had a two-month hiatus from blog writing/posting before. It wasn't really because I had nothing to say (anyone who knows me, even a little bit, is laughing at that thought right now), but more because there were too many things going on. Plus soccer. Always soccer.  =)

I suppose one of the biggest bits of news has been our upcoming move to North Carolina. Or shall I say, had been. Long story, but in the end, we realized we no longer felt called to go. Or called to go there. That part is so hard, the trying to discern God's will for your life, for your family, and thinking you're heading in the right direction until...the roadblocks come. I have a love-hate relationship with roadblocks. On the one hand, are they there to propel you forward and to strengthen your trust because of your fears of the unknown; or are they really there to physically STOP you from going that way, like an act of protection.

Well, I don't know. I wish I did. Like I said, in the end, we didn't move, which has felt like somewhat of a disappointment, but we're trying to make the most of things. Which are fine, they are! However...my mind (and heart) feel, well, stuck. It's hard to move forward in a good way when you're feeling stuck. I don't mean to complain about anything, it's just that I don't want to live my life merely existing, which is what happens when you feel stuck. I want to be fully alive, and present in the moment, to not be afraid to hang onto dreams, and to map out new ones.

I want to have a spirit of thankfulness, of uninhibited gratitude for the blessings I've been given, which I know are far too many to ever count. When my focus rests on thankfulness, everything else falls into place just as it should. Anyone else feeling stuck lately?

Okay, my time is up! I will say a quick prayer for us all Moms in the trenches.  ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...