Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, April 9, 2015

OUR EASTER 2015 CELEBRATIONS

I wish I could tell you that we don't have three inches of new snow on the ground this morning. Ugh. I'm thankful we had a beautiful, bright and sunny Easter weekend. Quite chilly, but sunny!

I posted about our Good Friday here. On Saturday we had William's parents over to decorate eggs. Our morning was quiet and relaxing, since we didn't have any soccer or baseball-related things to rush out for...except for the stress I'd put myself under with Isabelle's dress, which did turn out exactly as I'd hoped!

We tried some new ways to color eggs this year. So fun!
Also, I clearly had not cleaned up my office just yet...

All finished!

We don't get much chance for outdoor egg hunts and things up in New England; inside will have to do! I realized that I'd never placed eggs around this house since we moved here, so that was a lot of fun for me.

She was just a blur of giggles and squeals, just how I want to remember it.

Lukey has gotten into the habit of pushing against my hand/camera, ha ha. Here he was gearing up to get me.

My pitiful bunny cake with the weird eyes. They wouldn't stay put! He looked either demonic or just really unhappy.

I was surprised with this new scarf! I love it so much, everything about it is perfect! Definitely warranted my changing outfits at the last minute so I could wear it to church. What a thoughtful crew I've got. =)
Oh, hey, cutie Caleb back there!

Nobody would pose for me as a group "in public" this year. Except these two. They're now my favorites.  ;)

Gotcha!

A Daddy and his princess.

When we came home, it was time to get dinner going, and then set the table. (I can't ever set the table in advance because of our crazy kitties, thankyouverymuch.) I remember my Dad buying an Easter Lily for each of my grandmothers every year, and since I was hosting dinner, I picked one up for my table. All week long that glorious scent has made me smile as I'm sewing. My parents brought me the purple tulips, so together they made a beautiful centerpiece.
PSA: don't forget about hard-boiled eggs (slightly accidentally undercooked ones at that) on your dining room table for days on end...because they will stink. Bad! And no amount of glorious Easter Lily can mask that scent. Oops.

Love my Mom's hands here. You can feel the warning in them, ha ha. Isabelle was super excited to tackle the sherbet dumping portion of the punch making. Which also left her feeling entitled to endless cups of punch throughout the afternoon.

Total FAIL in the picture taking department this year. I am so annoyed at myself. We'll just have to have a repeat day, that's all. It has happened before!  ;)

I did get this one, which just about kills me. So grown up and mature, so different from even a few years ago. I love them more than I can even say.


And don't worry, I'll post pictures of Isabelle's dress for all of you who are sooooo anxious to see it. It just has to finish air-drying after washing all the punch out of it, ha ha!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...