Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, July 13, 2015

GIRLS DAY: SPA AT HOME & OTHER FUN THINGS

Last week, Isabelle and I found ourselves all alone again. What to do, what to do... Actually, I'd been scheming this up for a while now, so it was really fun when the day finally arrived. Don't get me wrong- I'd love to go spend the morning at a "real spa," but funding summer camp times three (plus driver's ed...yikes!!!)  forces encourages a girl to get a little creative.

We pampered ourselves silly, from face masks to fancy breakfast to toenails.

 I joked on instagram that she is a much cuter face mask model than I am. =)

 Do you spy the gold glittered doll shoes? ha ha

 I spilled the purple polish on the carpet. You'd think this was my first rodeo here. Ugh. The stains lessened but did not come out. Double ugh. Oh well. My girl has cute toes!

 We used up the last of the strawberries we'd picked- I baked while she drew big brother a picture. She was missing him so, so badly. Me too!


 I surprised big Isabelle with little Isabelle's new nightgown/dress that I'd been working on. I guess she really liked it because that was the day little I started getting buckled in. I got the biggest kick out of that when I glanced back, ha! She'd never done that before, probably because all our seats are normally filled up with...boys!

 We ran into friends from church while getting our Dunkin Donuts fix, so that was lots of fun.

And then we headed to the pool for some Mommy-daughter swim time. She is my little fish, just like Caleb. It has been super hot here lately and it felt so good to be in the cool water.

Isabelle has such a sweet and thoughtful heart. She adores her brothers (most of the time, ha) and often wants to surprise them with special little things. She is showing me more and more what a helpful and responsible young lady she is growing into, even though I'm probably stifling her because I can't bear the idea of her not being my baby girl. I know things will change as our family grows, but she will always be the one who first made me a girl Mommy. And I know that she is going to be the best big sister in the whole world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...