Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

REFLECTING

OhMyGoodnessGracious.

I stumbled upon this gem the other day, ironically, just after we'd gone strawberry picking. Sans Ethan.  :( Look at those babies. Those faces, those little legs, those chubby cheeks! Those days were tiring, and some were undoubtedly looonger than others, but oh how my heart aches for them. The world as I knew it seemed so different then as a Mommy to little ones. The biggest hurdles were nap strikes, finding a potty on demand, and the occasional fit or temper tantrum. Now the issues are of greater importance, and consequence; things just matter more. Will I have taught them what they really need to know?


Right now as I write this, my oldest son has been away at camp for ten days (but who's counting?) and my youngest boy left Monday. It gives me a glimpse of what my days will be like in just a few short years, and I am so not ready. I thought I would be, back in the trenches when it all seemed so exhausting and even mundane. But I'm not.

And that's okay. I always want to be near my children, to rally for them, to encourage and uplift them, so I know that I will always be involved in their lives. While our relationship changes and grows, it actually gets so much stronger and even more wonderful. They truly are the most amazing people to know. When I look back on those early days, my whole heart is just filled to the brim with gratitude. I got to be with them, and we had such fun, special times together. Yes, they're growing up and things shift and change, but we will always be there for each other. And no matter how old they (or I!) get, I will always be their Mama.

Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she shall rejoice in time to come.
Proverbs 31:25
 
A few versions say that "she smiles at the future."

I just love that. That's how I want to live, not just as a mother but as everything. Here's to warmly remembering the yesterdays, savoring the todays, and delighting in the tomorrows. Hope you have a great day!

 

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thank you! I love this post. :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, have been following you.for years, first time to comment! Love your blog! And great recipes and photos! - Tracy Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...