Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, March 24, 2017

Some Fun Things to Remember

I just looked out the window and it's snowing right now.
Boo.
This is the hardest time of year for us in the Northeast because we're craving Spring weather but still very much stuck with lingering winter days. Warm weather cannot get here fast enough, let me tell you! I am desperate to get outside on a regular basis, and it's just too plain cold to keep Levi outside for any length of time.
However, yesterday we did just that. It was frigid and windy BUT the sun was shining and we made the most of it! Isabelle's class was going on a field trip to a textile museum (yawn), and we had actually already visited when we were homeschooling, so I asked her teacher if it was all right to take her on our own special field trip. We had fun!

We drove to Endicott Park in Danvers, MA because I'd read some neat things about it and it's fun to go places we've never been before. I have to admit I was a bit nervous that our special day might not seem all that exciting and I really didn't want Isabelle to be disappointed. But how bad can it really be when you're anywhere but stuck at a boring museum?
We started our adventure off on the right foot with a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts for a pink frosted with sprinkles...before lunch! gasp! It's fun to be a Yes! Mom, sometimes. ;)

After one wrong turn, which I've decided was not entirely my fault because the highway got all screwy with unidentified sections and forks, we finally made it. Isabelle got the royal treatment for sure because she got to eat in the car AND watch a movie the whole way - she had on the wi-fi headphones and she looked really cute. We kept making eye contact in the mirror and she'd look up and smile really wide. That sure made my day! Levi was a champ, an absolute angel, and slept the whole time.
 
It was such a pretty place! We're definitely going back this summer.

 She loves both horses and anything related to Laura Ingalls Wilder - we were imagining Laura and Almanzo riding in this buggy with their friends.
Side note: Laura had a huge influence on me becoming a teacher :)

The playground there did not disappoint!
Levi hasn't been in a swing for several months and he sure looked nervous at first...
 ...still not sure
 And then he loved it!
 He really loved it. Isabelle kept fake-sneezing and he got laughing and laughing. Such a fun time together!
 Because one can never see too many adorable baby in a swing pictures...
 And where did my little baby go?!?
He looks like a full blown toddler boy here.
 My sweet, pretty girl
 I also learned that the trunk is an excellent makeshift baby jail.
ha ha ha

After I took yet another wrong turn, arggggh, we met up with Daddy in a Target parking lot for a McDonald's picnic. Which was supposed to have taken place at the actual McDonald's. Ugh. I don't think anybody really cared. It was fun!

I'm backing up a bit here...I did get Whoppie Pies made for St. Patrick's Day, which was a feat in and of itself with all the crazy that goes on here day to day. Yum! They are so good!
 Levi also spent much of that day showering me with kisses.
Lots and lots of kisses.
He's been on quite the PDA kick lately, and I love every single minute. ha ha
Of course he's also quite interested in March Madness. I'm still the winner so far in our family, but that isn't saying much at this point.
And when he isn't shooting hoops, he's helping me. ;)
I took this earlier this morning, and the mat he's sitting on holds the dog's water dish, which I let him play with for a few minutes of peace- I was washing dishes right there near him. Anyhoo. He was absolutely soaking wet by the time I took the bowl away, and he was just having the best time getting into things and being the adorable mess-maker that he is.

Poor Caleb was home sick for a couple days this week, but not super sick, so we enjoyed our time together. This morning he was excited about the very first meeting of a new chapter of FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) at his school. We had to leave a little early to get him there before his school day begins but had several minutes in between dropping off Jonah, so yet again we found ourselves stopping for treats. These kids, I tell ya. ;)
Actually, Caleb was a sweetheart and pumped gas for me, which worked out well because I may have on a scarf but I'm also wearing pj pants here. No, I would not have gotten out of the car like that, I had a quarter of a tank left! Now I feel the need to explain and defend myself, ha ha. 

I still can't believe my baby is turning one so soon. He is acting more and more like a big boy, more on that in another post.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...