Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Favorites!

Hi friends! Happy Friday!
We've been on Spring Break this week, but don't get too jealous because A. we didn't go anywhere tropical and fun; and B. it has been a cool, dreary kind of week. I guess you can't win 'em all, ha ha! Regardless, we've made the most of it and have had a great time doing little things that we don't normally do. For whatever reason I'm not a huge fan of the term "staycation," but yes, I suppose you could say that we have staycationed our hearts out this week. :) Moms, you know the real celebration is not packing up a gazillion lunches every morning, right?


One day was gorgeous, and we did all the outside things that day!



This picture makes me smile because she loves riding in Grampy's (my Dad) big truck, and Bill got her this cap with a gift card last weekend and I don't think she's really taken it off yet, ha ha
Coincidentally, I got that shirt for her last year to wear to school the day this little guy was born...
Time, you thief

Yesterday morning, our two oldest boys left for our cabin in Maine with my Dad, so it's just three kiddos here at home. Feels weird. You'd think I'd get used to it, but nope. Never do. What will I do next year for college? Um, let's not think about that just yet... Anyhoo. Bill took today off from work and we're surprising everyone with breakfast out and maybe? (hopefully!) a fun little day trip. I LOVE days like this!



I'm so excited to see the color green and flowers again! Isabelle helped me plant some pansies outside, and that burst of color just makes my heart so happy. We've also got crocuses, tulips, and some other shoots of something that I just can't remember what they are coming up, too. ;) 

His first time wearing big boy two-piece jammies last night! I die of cuteness!


Lastly, I know some of you have found my shop, Rose & Ruffle, by visiting this blog, and this has been a very busy and productive time of year, and I'm so incredibly thankful. When I started out a few years ago as a way to raise adoption funds, I didn't know what the future would hold. We never imagined that our one, then two, then more than four year wait trying to adopt again was going to be our reality. It was a very difficult time. Lots of uncertain days, lots of grieving days. Living in a constant state of limbo and expectation/hope can certainly be challenging, so at the end of four+ years, and pretty soon after our heartbreaking final failed match, we took a break in order to pray, heal, and regroup. When we resumed our adoption journey, we had a new hope and a new plan. We would be adopting a special needs toddler or child from China. There were some other private, gut-wrenching things going on behind the scenes, but I don't feel called to share those just yet, sorry.
And then the ultrasound that changed our lives forever. God's mercy and love and hope and faithfulness all wrapped into our little Levi Matthew. Our plans for China were put on hold, and now we no longer feel led to pursue that adoption. I have peace about it. But my husband and I both feel that God is leading us to something, and we aren't sure what it is yet. All this to say, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, a thousand times over, for supporting our family through my little shop. No, we didn't complete any adoption, but every single effort and move forward was done at a cost, sometimes minimal, and sometimes not minimal at all. And then last year and this year with all the unexpected house issues, car issues, accidents... yes, of course I know that's life, but it has been a hard season for us. That's humbling, actually, to say, and I know we are truly blessed, but being able to contribute financially has been invaluable, so thank you. I'm not sure why I suddenly needed to share all that, but I guess it's been on my heart for a while now. Whew! And my husband is right- I like words. :)

I'm linking up with these ladies today!
Have a fantastic weekend!
 Andrea, Narci and Erika

  April

1 comment:

Gina Daily said...

You have a beautiful family! I truly appreciate your positive, grateful outlook on through the struggles you've experienced. Thanks for the vote of confidence about middle school on my blog post! I'm going to need it! :)
Gina || On the Daily Express

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...