Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Senior Prom 2018!

I've been having computer issues, ugh, but I finally got things squared away, so I thought it would be fun to share pictures of Ethan's Senior Prom. We just adore these two...aren't they the cutest?!

Last year the weather was perfect so we got different backgrounds. This year, no such luck, so we stuck with the gazebo, because covered. ha ha But I think they turned out great! We bought the suit and had it altered for Ethan for college interviews and such, and I made him the grey vest and matching bow tie and pocket square from a wrap that his girlfriend decided not to wear. If you haven't checked out prices to rent tuxes in a while, you will be in sticker shock. I sure was! I think this worked out really nicely. The picture below is one of my favorites. So sweet!


None of us is particularly good about pinning on the boutonniere (yes, I totally just had to look up the spelling, ha ha ha), so they were pretending in this picture, right before I pinned it on for real. And then we realized that it's supposed to be on the pocket side. Oops!

 And with her beautiful corsage. Ah to be so young and in love. :)

 I'll just share the rest without commentary. Don't be too shocked, okay?



Oh they are just gorgeous, inside AND out!

They asked permission to attend an after prom party at a friend's house, and after talking it over- and praying about it!- we said they could go. Apparently their friend's Mom is way cooler than yours truly because she kept bringing the kids freshly baked cookies, hot pizza and snacks all night long. Obviously we parents know this is all code for checking in on things without "checking," so I was secretly relieved and glad to hear that. :) They both said it was such a great night, and I'm so glad they had so much fun. They were good to me, sending me updates and pictures there.

I'm 99.9 percent finished making plans for the big graduation party as well as the special project I've been working on for months now. I'll share soon! Have a great rest of the week! :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Her dress is gorgeous. They are a beautiful couple.

Terra Heck said...

They both look fantastic. You're right, tuxes are crazy expensive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...